- Privately owned and operated construction and real estate development firm, since 1988
- Proven Capital District track record of successful, innovative, mixed-use urban infill projects
- Outstanding reputation for quality, on time completion and client satisfaction
- An established team of over 100 professionals and artisans with vertically integrated ownership of multiple subcontractor specialties
- Established history of working with the cities and communities that surround our projects to establish dialogue, consensus and expedient municipal approvals
A lifelong resident of Saratoga Springs, Sonny graduated from Saratoga High School, earned his college degree in Construction Management and started Bonacio Construction in 1988, now celebrating 25 hardworking successful years in business. Bonacio Construction has become the leader of improvement to the architectural and economic landscape of Saratoga Springs and beyond.
With Sonny’s leadership, Bonacio Construction has developed over 1 million square feet of real estate in downtown Saratoga Springs. Bonacio Construction has single handedly established the condominium market and downtown apartment market while perfecting mixed use development. Sonny has pioneered the return of a downtown movie theater with the much anticipated arrival of Bow Tie Criterion downtown as well as restoring elements of history with The Washington, Bonacio’s new build at the former site of the Masonic Temple in the center of Broadway. New projects in Downtown Troy have been a success and the Bonacio Construction presence has generated a resurgence that has not been experienced in decades. The city of Troy is grateful for Sonny’s vision and proactive approach.
Sonny runs Bonacio with precision and integrity, earning the trust and respect of his colleagues, clients and competitors. He has held numerous influential positions and has received well deserved accolades and awards:
President of Saratoga Builders Association
Recipient of The Saratoga’s 20 under 40 achievement award
Recipient of Saratoga Center for the Family Child Advocate of the Year Award
Member of the workforce Housing Partnership of Saratoga County, has served on its Housing Initiative Committee
Member of the Board of Directors for the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce
Member of the Board of the Albany Regional Chamber of Commerce
Member of the Board for Saratoga YMCA
Recipient of the NY Upstate APA Chapter’s Award for Planning Excellence Award for Sustaining Places for Market Center apartments
Recipient of the Game Change Achievement Award for the leading role Bonacio continues to play in major projects in downtown Saratoga Springs, Troy and throughout the Capital Region.